Ben E. Keith State-of-the-Art Energy Efficient Distribution Center
Ben E. Keith Foods – Selma, TX
ESI Group designed and is currently in the process of constructing an energy efficient Greenfield food distribution center that consists of Freezer, Ice Cream and Meat Coolers, a cold dock, and dry storage warehouse with mezzanine and ability for future expansion. A 45,000 square-foot two-story office structure is also attached. This facility will utilize automated racking in the freezer and dry storage areas. This new location will increase our clients ability to reach more customers in the south.
See the most current progress here: Progress Footage
- Freezer/Cooler 267,449 square feet.
- Dry Storage/Dock 250,994 square feet.
- Admin/Operations Office areas of 60,524 square feet.
- Miscellaneous & Support areas 16,928 square feet.
Sustainable Design elements:
- Design with the goal of LEED Silver certification
- Interior/Exterior LED Lighting
- Energy efficient 60-mil white membrane roof
- State-of-the-art energy efficient ammonia refrigeration system
- Operations and Branch Offices HVAC system will use electric reheat
- “SafeConnect” at Perishable dock positions for no-idle cooling of refrigerated trailers
- Domestic plumbing fixtures will use 40% less water than standard fixtures.