Central Commissary Kitchen
New Seasons Market – Portland, OR
ESI Group was selected to design and construct 28,720 square feet of tenant improvements to an existing shell building. The facility serves as a central kitchen/bakery and ships daily to New Season Markets chain of grocery stores. The project included a production bakery, full test kitchen, new process areas for cooked deli products, meat smoking, vegetable cutting and packaging.
- Improved production bakery, full test kitchen, new process areas.
- Oregon energy trust provided incentives for many high-efficiency items.
- Designed/built for sanitary conditions using USDA approved finishes
- Central rack Freon refrigeration system in cold storage areas
- Packaged Steam Boilers for cooking as well as pot and pan clean-up
- New dock levelers were cut into an old outdated dock area
- Process waste water was treated per city standards
- Commercial/Industrial cooking and frying systems, steam kettles, and nine exhaust hoods
- (3)-Blast chillers for packaged products
- Automatic boot wash systems were installed
- Bakery conventional and Artisan Ovens, Proofers, Mixers, pneumatic Bulk Flour handling system