Expanded Distribution Center with Rail Dock
US Foods, Inc. – Lexington, SC
ESI Group was most recently selected to complete a new refrigerated rail dock building to improve the flow and capacity of the existing facility. Previously, ESI designed and constructed a new dry storage, cooler, and employee welfare mezzanine addition to the existing food distribution warehouse.
- New first floor area of 14,000 square feet.
- 22,120 square feet dry dock conversion to cold.
- Dry storage addition of 68,127 square feet.
- Cooler area of 14,690 square feet.
- Mezzanine areas of 6,396 square feet.
- New structures have concrete slab on grade with concrete foundation walls
- Mezzanine includes a new stair tower with elevator
- Fire protection – fully automatic sprinkler system
- Interior renovations consisted of converting dry dock to a perishable dock.
- Storage rack replacement
- Affected fire sprinkler lines
- Replace several rapid roll-up doors