Highly Controlled Plasma Logistics Center
Grifols – Clayton, NC
ESI Group was selected to build a 83,500 square foot highly controlled –35 degree Celsius plasma storage center for Grifols pharmaceuticals. The facility is an Automated Storage and Retrieval System—rack supported structure utilizing three AS/RS SR Machines and is 90 feet tall. This critically controlled tempered space is refrigerated with a double redundant R507 refrigeration system with a nitrogen back-up.
The new plasma center is located on Grifols Clayton NC Campus and is a vital cold storage facility supporting their largest US manufacturing site.
- Stores over 5,000 pallet positions
- 3 – S/R Machines running in 3 aisles
- 12k square foott office, conference, lockers rooms with 2-story lobby
- The shipping and receiving areas maintain +5 degrees Celsius
- Construction – Rack supported
- Wall construction – Insulated metal panels (IMP)
- Roof construction – 10” insulation and a fully adhered TPO roof
- Floor – Heated and insulated 24” double rebar structural mat slab
- Fire protection – FM global in rack double pre-action sprinkler system
- Redundant power feeds from two different substations.
- Freight and personnel elevators.