Second largest DC in East Region
United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI) – Montgomery, NY
ESI Group was selected to design and construct UNFI’s second largest East Region distribution center to service its growing Metro New York, Long Island, and New York customers. This location will allow the company to enhance efficiencies, improve productivity through best-in-class warehousing and inventory control systems, lower operating costs and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Dry Storage/Dock is 346,911 square feet.
- Coolers/Freezers/ Cold Dock is 114,968 square feet.
- The facility has about 47,000 square feet of support areas.
- The Truck Service Center is 8,980 square feet.
Sustainable design elements:
- Project is LEED® Gold certified.
- Diverted 97% of on-site construction waste from landfills.
- CO2/NH3 Hybrid Central Refrigeration System
- TPO mechanically fastened membrane roof.
- Pre-cast concrete walls at dock areas.
- Insulated metal panels at warehouse areas.
- Modular repacking mezzanine and conveyor system.
- Underground Storm Water Collection system saving 58% of potable water.
- Annual energy cost savings of 46%.