US Foods First LEED Certified Distribution Center
US Foods, Inc. – Buda, TX
ESI Group was selected to design and construct a new LEED certified distribution center for the nation’s second largest foodservice company. This is the company’s first division to have a LEED distribution center and was specifically designed to meet all the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED certification requirements for commercial buildings at the Silver level.
The facility is designed with full expansion capabilities of all areas. The main office area features a Culinary Innovation Center for customer training and product reviews.
- Dry Storage Areas 95,870 square feet.
- Cold Storage Areas 124,815 square feet.
- Miscellaneous/Support Areas 58,698 square feet.
- Truck Maintenance Facility 12,008 square feet.
Sustainable design elements:
- Facility is LEED Silver certified.
- Low volume drip irrigation throughout sod and island locations.
- Selected native drought resistant plants for landscaping.
- Reduce Heat Island Effect with use of a white roof and concrete paving.
- Implemented regionally sourced materials where practical.
- Provided preferred parking for high efficiency and low emitting vehicles
- Cascade CO2 ammonia refrigeration system with variable freq. drives
- Daylight harvesting and lighting control and management system
- Water efficient landscaping with a cistern system to capture rain water.