Construction continues on New Regional Headquarters
Ben E. Keith Foods – Albuquerque, NM
ESI Group was selected to design and construct a 271,000 square foot greenfield food distribution center with fueling island for Ben E. Keith Foods. The new regional headquarters freezer and dry storage areas are equipped with Dematic’s multi-shuttle system for expanded SKU’s and the facility has future expansion capabilities of up to 600,000 square feet. This project is currently under construction with completion set for early 2021!
One of the challenges Bernalillo County faces on Albuquerque’s Westside is a jobs-housing balance … That’s one of the things we’ve fought for a long time is a jobs-housing balance where people can work, play and live and not have to travel and spend so much of their day traveling to other parts of the city. We’re very pleased that Ben E. Keith in phase two is still located here on Albuquerque’s Westside.” said City Counselor Ken Sanchez.
- Freezer/Cooler 100,000 square feet
- Dry Storage/Dock 121,000 square feet
- Admin/Operations Office areas 31,000 square feet
- Miscellaneous & Support areas 8,500 square feet
- Truck Wash/Interior Trailer Wash/Outbuilding areas 10,500 square feet
Sustainable Design elements:
- Interior/Exterior LED Lighting
- Energy efficient 60-mil white membrane roof
- State-of-the-art energy efficient ammonia refrigeration system
- Operations and Branch Offices HVAC system will use electric reheat