Construction underway for Ben E. Keith in Alabama
Ben E. Keith Foods – New Brockton, AL
ESI Group was selected to design a 400,000 square foot greenfield food distribution center and regional headquarters for Ben E. Keith Foods with future expansion of up to 1 million square feet. This project is currently under construction with a completion date of late 2021!
This new facility is 80 miles southeast of Alabama’s capital city, Montgomery. Ben E. Keith expanded to Alabama in 2016 when they acquired Elba’s Kelley Foods. This project will bring good jobs to the the town of New Brockton with a population of about 1,100 people.
- Freezer/Cooler 120,322 square feet
- Dry Storage/Dock 188,343 square feet
- Admin/Operations Office areas 60,524 square feet
- Miscellaneous & Support areas 86,682 square feet
- Truck Maintenance/Outbuilding areas 26,033 square feet
Sustainable Design elements:
- Interior/Exterior LED Lighting
- Energy efficient 60-mil white membrane roof
- State-of-the-art energy efficient ammonia refrigeration system
- Operations and Branch Offices HVAC system will use electric reheat
- “SafeConnect” at Perishable dock positions for no-idle cooling of refrigerated trailers
- Domestic plumbing fixtures will use 40% less water than standard fixtures.