Facility Remediation of PFG Distribution Center
Performance Food Group – Kendallville, IN
ESI Group was called on to assess damages and implement a remediation plan when a PFG distribution center experienced a roof collapse during one of the worst winters the Midwest has seen in over a decade. Crews mobilized within 24 hours of the collapse and worked seven days per week, 20 hours per day to put PFG back in full operation within 2 months time. Temporary controls were put into place to ensure over $10 million dollars of frozen food product were not lost!
- Repaired 11,700 square feet over cooler area.
- Total Building Footprint is 205,000 square feet.
- Scope of work included structural steel repair, roof, insulated metal panel walls, storage racking, refrigeration, fire protection, electrical repairs, food disposal, and snow removal.
- Central ammonia refrigeration system, including roof top piping and air units.
- Roof replacement
- Storage rack replacement
- Affected fire sprinkler lines
- Replace several rapid roll-up doors