Grocery Retailer’s Substantial New Distribution Center
WinCo Foods – Phoenix, AZ
WinCo, a grocer retailer, chose ESI Group to design and build a 901,668 square foot (sf) Greenfield distribution center to better service their existing 94 and future stores. The facility incorporates 27,809 sf of office space and sits on a seventy-four (74) acre site. A separate 36,194 sf Returns Building is onsite for receiving of damaged pallets or product that is then returned to the manufacturer.
- Main Building 819,736 square feet.
- Cold Storage Areas 390,920 square feet as part of Main Building square footage.
- Office Area 27,809 square feet.
- Miscellaneous/Support Area 38,957 square feet.
- Attached Truck Maintenance Facility 15,166 square feet.
- Central ammonia refrigeration system with 43 mini penthouses – Ammonia charge 51,562 lbs
- Traprock shrinkage compensating concrete floors. – 22,000 cu. yds. with 27 miles of joints.
- Insulated metal wall panel system – 531,000 sf built in 8 months, that’s 17.7 football fields!
- 155 Vertical storing dock levelers – Dock seals included 8 miles of stitching.
- Full Cross-dock in cooler areas.