Major Renovation project for US Foods in Virginia
US Foods – Manassas, VA
ESI Group designed and is currently constructing a major renovation and addition project to US Foods existing food distribution center. The Manassas location has been operational since 1986 and employs 500 people. A Hybrid Refrigeration System will improve energy-efficiency along with the new interior insulated metal panels design to maintain temperatures in the controlled interior environments. This multi-phase project is under construction while the facility isin full operation.
“As a leading food distributor in Virginia, we are excited to be adding to our local workforce,” Jim Sturgell, D.C.-metro area president for U.S. Foods, said in a release. “Not only does this expansion allow us to create more jobs, it allows us to strengthen our presence and leadership in this market and continue to provide exceptional service to our growing Virginia customer base.”
- Freezer/Cooler 172,958 square feet.
- Dry Storage/Cold Dock 210,524 square feet.
- Miscellaneous & Support areas 102,891 square feet.
- CO2/NH3 Hybrid central refrigeration system
- Shrinkage Compensating Industrial Floors
- Insulated metal panels at dock and warehouse areas
- Architectural metal panel office facade