Organic Foods Distribution Center
United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI) – Sturtevant, WI
UNFI, a premier food distributor, chose ESI Group to design and build a 445,133 square foot Greenfield distribution center in Southeast Wisconsin. The facility incorporates 29,000 square feet of office space and sits on an eighty (80) acre site. A detached Truck Maintenance Facility allows staff to perform light repair, maintenance, and fueling for their truck fleet.
- Dry Storage Areas 282,271 square feet.
- Cold Storage Areas 115,711 square feet.
- Miscellaneous/Support Area 47,151 square feet.
- Truck Maintenance Facility 9,658 square feet.
Sustainable design elements:
- Project has achieved LEED® Gold
- Bicycle racks
- Green auto parking spaces
- Water efficient landscaping using irrigation from an onsite storm water pond
- Controlled lighting system to reduce the amount of time fixtures are run
- Cascade CO2 ammonia refrigeration system with variable frequency drives