State-of-the-Art New Food Distribution Center
US Foods, Inc. – Perth Amboy, NJ
ESI Group was initially contracted to design and construct a new state-of-the-art distribution center with expansion capabilities of all areas to 600,000 square feet. Work included all temperature controlled areas, office build-out, structural rack storage, truck maintenance shop with wash bay and a fueling island with canopy. Most recently we re-configured about 120,000 square feet of dry to multi-cooler storage and re-racked 260,000 square feet of storage area.
- Freezer area of 105,652 square feet.
- Future freezer area of 36,349 square feet.
- Mutli-temp cooler 82,130 square feet.
- Dry storage 144,461 square feet.
- Perishable dock 47,304 square feet.
- Dry dock 32,668 square feet.
- 2-story office areas 43,316 square feet.
- TMF with fueling island 14,972 square feet.
- CO2 Cascade refrigeration system with penthouse units
- Electric probe under-floor warming
- Insulated metal wall and ceiling panels
- Roof TPO mechanically fastened with R-20
- Sprinkled with ESFR and dry pendent heads
- Fluorescent and LED lighting with individual motion sensors
- Full solar panel array on roof
- Storage racking in single select, 2-deep push back, case and carton flow