UNFI Builds Second Distribution Center in Wisconsin
United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI) – Prescott, WI
ESI Group was awarded the design and construction of UNFI’s second Food Distribution Center in Wisconsin. This additional location is expandable to 600,000 square feet and will enhance efficiencies, improve productivity through best-in-class warehousing and inventory control systems, lower operating costs and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Dry Storage/Dock is 151,949 square feet.
- Coolers/Freezers/Cold Dock is 79,265 square feet.
- Albert’s Storage Warehouse area is 22,615 square feet.
- The facility has about 44,703 square feet of support areas.
- The Truck Service Center is 9,658 square feet.
Sustainable design elements:
- Project is LEED® Gold certified
- CO2/NH3 Hybrid central refrigeration system
- Shrinkage Compensating Industrial Floors with Trap Rock
- Pre-cast concrete walls at dock areas
- Insulated metal panels at warehouse areas
- Modular repacking mezzanine and conveyor system
- Native plant species utilized throughout without irrigation