UNFI Moves Food Forward in Washington
UNFI partnered with ESI Group to design and build a 542,000 square foot facility addition and renovation project at their existing Ridgefield, Washington location. This major renovation project is part of UNFI’s strategy for moving food forward. Extensive site work is part of this project including an underground storm water management system. This scope include major structural renovations to allow for the expansion size as well as a Cascade, Ammonia, and Carbon Dioxide Refrigeration System. The project is LEED Gold Certified.
- Freezer/Cooler 149,340square feet
- Dry Storage 488,632 square feet
- Cold/Dry Docks 89,735 square feet
- Admin/Operations Office areas 26,554 square feet
- Miscellaneous & Support areas 59,834 square feet
- Total size with addition is 814,093 square feet.
Sustainable Design elements:
- CO2/NH3 Central Refrigeration System
- Energy efficient 60-mil white membrane roof
- Insulated metal panels at dock and warehouse areas.