US Foods re-enters Region
US Foods, Inc. – Flowood, MS
The new 272,000 square foot facility will service more than 4000 chefs, restaurant owners and foodservice operators throughout Mississippi and Louisiana. It is also the company’s 6th facility to pursue LEED certification, featuring an environmentally conscious design maximized for energy efficiency.
- Dry Storage Areas 96,427 square feet.
- Cold Storage Areas 120,101 square feet.
- Miscellaneous/Support Areas 55,190 square feet.
- Truck Maintenance Facility 15,310 square feet.
Sustainable design elements:
- Project is LEED® Silver certified
- CO2/NH3 Hybrid central refrigeration system
- Shrinkage Compensating Industrial Floors with Trap Rock
- Pre-cast concrete walls at dock areas
- Insulated metal panels at warehouse areas
- Modular repacking mezzanine and conveyor system
- Native plant species utilized throughout without irrigation