Usinger’s Gourmet Sausage Plant
Fred Usingers, Inc. – Milwaukee, WI
ESI Group USA (ESI) began their partnership with Usinger’s back in 1993 when ESI designed and built a 22,000 square-foot distribution center in Milwaukee’s Florida Yards business park. A 50,000 square-foot addition for processing followed in 2003; which included raw processing, thermal processing, and ready-to-eat packaging operations. In 2016, a second expansion totaling 51,324 square feet was added to the existing facility to support manufacturing operations. Usinger’s produces many kinds of sausages and meats, in many cases using traditional 19th-century recipes. The facility was designed to support both raw product and frozen product.
Meat & Poultry Magazine featured Usinger’s, a family-owned sausage business whose four generations strong in their November 2018 edition. View the full article here.
- Support, welfare and office areas of 10,785 square feet
- 21,091 square foot new warehouse
- Cooler area of 5,107 square feet
- Packaging area and transfer corridor 8,259 square feet
- Cook area of 4,911 square feet
- 1,171 square foot shipping and receiving dock
- Central ammonia refrigeration utilizing reciprocating compressors
- Recirculated glycol utilizing waste heat from refrigeration system for underfloor warming
- Insulated metal panel wall construction
- TPO mechanically fastened roof system with varying R-value
- Combination wet/dry pre-action pipe fire protection system