Delivering Quality Since 1906
Ben E. Keith – New Brockton / Alabama
Ben E. Keith selected ESI Group to design and build a greenfield food distribution center and regional headquarters with future expansion of up to a million square feet. Ben E. Keith expanded to Alabama in 2016 when they acquired Elba’s Kelley Foods. This project will bring good jobs to the town of New Brockton with a population of about 1,100 people.
Imagery by Moseley Studios
This project won a Silver through ABC’s Project of Distinction Program.
- Facility Footprint: 395,347 SF
- Cold Areas: 120,000 SF
- Fuel / Service Outbuilding(s): 26,033 SF
- State-of-the-art energy-efficient ammonia refrigeration system
- Operations and branch offices HVAC system will use electric reheat
- “SafeConnect” at perishable dock for no-idle cooling of refrigerated trailers
Projects of Distinction Award Acceptance
Left to Right: Tim Gibbons and Michele Loppnow