LEED-Silver Food Distribution Facility
Ben E. Keith – Selma / Texas
Ben E. Keith partners with ESI Group to design and construct a LEED Silver® food distribution center in Texas. This location features a stunning 45,000 square-foot two-story office structure. The freezer and dry storage areas feature Dematic’s Multishuttle automation system for expanded SKU’s. This new location will increase Ben E. Keith’s ability to reach more customers in the south.
Imagery by www.aerialscapes.com
- Facility Footprint: 619,933 SF
- Cold Areas: 267,449 SF
- This project is LEED Silver®.
- State-of-the-art energy efficient ammonia refrigeration system
- Operations and branch offices HVAC system will use electric reheat
- “SafeConnect” at perishable dock for no-idle cooling of refrigerated trailers
- Domestic plumbing fixtures will use 40% less water than standard fixtures.