Beef Harvesting and Processing Plant
Confidential Meat Client / Illinois
ESI Group was selected to design and construct a greenfield beef harvesting and processing facility on a 12-acre site for a confidential client in Illinois. This new facility was designed to harvest and process up to 1,200 head per day. The facility offers state-of-the-art mechanical systems and hygienic air units to keep interior and exterior air quality to the safest industry standards. Employee separation considerations resulted in sanitation stations, socially distanced welfare areas, and staggered shifts. New and more efficient process equipment to aid in the long-term health of employees will be implemented to reduce repetitive motion and heavy lifting. An automated storage and retrieval system will be added to sort, store, and efficiently ship product from the facility.
Imagery by McShane Fleming.
- Facility Footprint: 250,000 SF
- Cold Areas 75,000 SF
- Cold – Automated Storage and Retrieval System AS/RS – 12,000 SF
- Fully automated and computer controlled central NH3 Refrigeration System
- Designed separation of welfare areas during harvest and fabrication
- Spray chill water system in carcass coolers to aid in cooling to minimize shrink.
- Hygienic rooftop air units in all production areas.
- Office layout separates staff from production areas.