Design of Walmart’s Case Ready Beef Plant
Design of Walmart’s Case Ready Beef Plant / Olathe, Kansas
ESI Group’s design team, ESI Design Services, partners with McCownGordon for Walmart’s new state-of-the-art, case-ready beef facility in Kansas. The design maximizes efficiency in the layout and operation of the building for the owner and can produce approximately 215,000 pounds per day for an impressive 55,000,000 pounds per year.
Due to their sole focus on working with national food and beverage operators, ESI Design Services applied their expertise to McCownGordon’s project delivery approach to support Walmart’s goal of enhancing the quality of their meat products.
Once open, the meat plant will provide an end-to-end Angus beef supply chain, ensuring Walmart’s customers can access high-quality beef products at everyday low prices.
Imagery by ESI Design Services.
- Facility Footprint: 328,066 SF
- Cold Areas: 219,338 SF
- Process Areas: 109,032 SF
- Central ammonia refrigeration system with hygienic air units in the processing areas
- Recirculating glycol utilizing waste heat from refrigeration system for under floor warming.
- Insulated metal panel wall construction
- White TPO mechanically fastened roofing system with R-values from R-30 to R-50
- Automatic fire protection system including wet, dry, and double pre-action system.