Critically Controlled Logistics Center
Grifols – Clayton / North Carolina
ESI Group was selected to build an 83,500 square foot highly controlled –35-degree Celsius plasma storage center for Grifols pharmaceuticals. The facility is an Automated Storage and Retrieval System—rack supported structure utilizing three AS/RS SR Machines and is 90 feet tall. This critically controlled tempered space is refrigerated with a double redundant R507 refrigeration system with a nitrogen back-up.
The new plasma center is located on Grifols Clayton NC Campus and is a vital cold storage facility supporting their largest U.S. manufacturing site.
Imagery by Xfinigen Media Production Group
• Stores over 5,000 pallet positions
• 3 – S/R Machines running in 3 aisles
• 12k square foot office, conference, lockers rooms with multi-story lobby
• The shipping and receiving areas maintain +5 degrees Celsius
• Construction – Rack supported
• Wall construction – Insulated metal panels (IMP)
• Roof construction – 10” insulation and a fully adhered TPO roof
• Floor – Heated and insulated 24” double rebar structural mat slab
• Fire protection – FM global in rack double pre-action sprinkler system
• Redundant power feeds from two different substations.
• Freight and personnel elevators.