Rebuilt AS/RS Delivers Materials for Quad Graphics
Quad Graphics – Lomira / Wisconsin
ESI Group completes a rebuild of a rack supported warehouse that had a catastrophic failure and collapse. At the time of failure, the warehouse had a 32,000-pallet capacity. ESI was able to utilize the existing slab yet increase the pallet capacity to 42,000 giving Quad additional storage. The fully automated storage and retrieval system (AS/RS) is a rack supported building work in process warehouse that stores 3500 pounds of printed materials 18 levels high. Materials are selected using 4-S/R machines running two aisles storing 4-10-4 pallets deep. The 4-S/R Machines arrived after project completion and were installed through 2 roof hatches.
• Facility Footprint: 18,000 SF
• The rack supported warehouse is 764’ x 90’ x 108′ tall.
• The low-bay fork truck corridor is 764’ x 18’ wide.
• Wall construction is 32’ tall made of precast wall panels with 3’ insulated metal panels above.
• Ambient ventilation and gas heat
• TPO fully adhered roof system