US Foods First LEED Certified Facility
US Foods, Inc. – Buda / Texas
US Foods partners with ESI Group to design and construct a new LEED Silver® food distribution facility. This is the company’s first division to achieve the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED certification requirements for commercial buildings. The facility is designed with full expansion capabilities of all areas. The main office area features a stunning culinary innovation center for customer training and product reviews.
Imagery by http://rvoiiiphoto.com/
- Facility Footprint: 308,190 SF
- Cold Areas: 124,815 SF
- Fuel / Service Outbuilding(s): 12,008 SF
- This project is LEED Silver®.
- Cascade CO2 ammonia refrigeration system with variable freq. drives
- Daylight harvesting and lighting control and management system
- Reduce heat island effect with use of a white roof and concrete paving
- Implemented regionally sourced materials where practical
- Provided preferred parking for high efficiency and low emitting vehicles
- Water efficient landscaping with a cistern system to capture rainwater.