High Performance Culinary Innovation Center
US Foods, Inc. – Rosemont / Illinois
US Foods, a leading food distributor, chose ESI Design to design a 6,400 square foot commercial quality renovation and expansion of the testing kitchen at their corporate headquarters in partnership with Chicago based interior designer Ford Design and Consulting. This work was completed in conjunction with a 6,100 square foot office space remodel.
Engineering was requested to bring the existing kitchen hood system into compliance with new/higher standards set forth by the client. ESI Design’s scope included space programming, design layout, equipment specification and room flow as well as construction coordination for these elements with the mechanical engineers.
• Facility Footprint: 12,500 SF
• Cold Areas: 0 SF
• Re-claimed barn wood tables used in product evaluation counters and tasting rooms
• Specialty lighting was chosen to allow for multiple unique and specific uses including:
Group product training sessions.
Executive Board breakfast meeting(s)
Food cooking technique presentations
• Tasting rooms received lighting with appropriate color temperature for product visual evaluation
• Advanced HVAC supplies to reduce noise and airflow disturbances
• Epoxy flooring for ease of maintenance and care
• Formed quartz/epoxy countertops for intimate product evaluation between chef and potential clients