Des Moines Cold Storage new Crossroads Facilty
Crossroads Cold Storage – Des Moines, IA
Des Moines Cold Storage selected ESI Group as their partner to provide Design-Build services for their new 111,080 square foot cold storage facility. The facility will consist of freezer storage, cooler storage, process areas, blast freezing capabilities, and truck and rail docks. This distribution center has a state-of-the-art ammonia refrigeration system, which maintains temperatures of 40 to -20 degrees Fahrenheit. The administrative office includes shipping/receiving, customer services, supervisor offices, lobby/office space, conference room, janitors’ closet, break area and bathrooms.
- Freezer/Cooler 68,310 square feet.
- Truck/Rail Dock 29,498 square feet.
- Process/Utility Areas 9,077 square feet.
- Office area of 4.195 square feet.
- Conventional Steel Superstructure with Insulated Metal Wall Panels and TPO Roofing System
- Fully automated and computer controlled Central Ammonia Refrigeration System
- Shrinkage Compensating Industrial Floors in Warehouse Areas
- Continuous pit style, with vertical storing levers for energy savings.
- Convertible rooms of -10 to +40 degrees
ABC of Wisconsin Projects of Distinction Award Winner.