US Foods renovates its second largest facility
US Foods – Fort Mill, SC
ESI Group designed and constructed a facility expansion and renovation project to an existing US Foods distribution center. This facility is 553, 696 square feet in size and is US Foods second largest food distribution center. The project required an expansion to the Ammonia Refrigeration System. New LED lighting fixtures throughout the warehouse areas will improve energy-efficiency. A combination of the reused rack with new rack will better accommodate US Foods client orders. This multi-phase project was performed while the facility was in full operation.
- Cold/Dry Storage Warehouse & Dock Expansion Areas 76,599 square feet.
- Support Area Expansion of MHE, Office, and Mezzanine 10,501 square feet.
- Cooler/Freezer Renovations 85,235 square feet.
- Office/Kitchen Renovations 7,500 square feet.
- Expanded Ammonia Refrigeration System
- Remodeled Culinary Innovation Center
- Insulated metal panels at warehouse areas
- LED lighting fixtures throughout the warehouse areas
- Added two (2) new ripening rooms