US Foods multi-phase Distribution Facility near New Orleans
In 2017, US Foods, Inc. acquired a leading food distributor in the Gulf South, F. Christiana and Co. US Foods is taking steps to expand the existing footprints throughout Louisiana, south Mississippi, and south Alabama by tripling the size of the existing 70,000 square foot food distribution center.
ESI designed the multi-phase project in a manner to keep the existing facility in full operation during all phases of construction. This facility will have a kitchen and training center for in-house product demonstrations as well as recipe innovation and an interactive technology center where customers can learn more about the company.
This state-of-the-art facility will now offer a truck service center, fuel island, guard house and pump house. Automation has also been incorporated in the freezer and dry storage for expanded SKU’s. In anticipation of growing the business, future space of another 70,000 square feet as been built into the design to allow for a seamless future addition.
- Freezer/Cooler 90,150 square feet
- Dry Storage 69,922 square feet
- Cold/Dry Docks 41,432 square feet
- Admin/Operations Office areas 34,190 square feet
- Miscellaneous & Support areas 16,154 square feet
- Truck Service Center with Fuel Island areas 15,091 square feet
Sustainable Design elements:
- Dematic Automated Multi-shuttle System
- Interior/Exterior LED Lighting
- Energy efficient 60-mil white membrane roof
- State-of-the-art energy efficient ammonia skid package